"What is written without effort is, in general, read without pleasure." — Samuel Johnson
The Writing Center offers free, individual assistance for any writing assignment you have in any class. English instructors and instructional assistants are available for drop-in conferences to help you with any writing-related work, including: brainstorming essay ideas, developing a thesis, essay organization and development, using correct documentation format, and how to edit for grammatical and mechanical errors. The Writing Center also offers the use of computers for writing, research, and completing online learning modules. Students may print for free one copy of their own written work, such as drafts of essays, college transfer applications, scholarship applications, and other college writing tasks. (Please note, we can no longer support printing of class generated handouts, syllabi, articles, or other class materials. Printing is limited to student written work.)
LAB HOURS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Santa Rosa Writing Center
M 9-4 T 9-6 W 9-6 Th 9-4 F 10-1
Santa Rosa Instructor schedule SPRING 2017 (PDF)
1629 Emeritus Hall, (707) 521-7836
Petaluma Writing Center
M 10-3 T 9-5 W 10-5 Th 9-2:30 F CLOSED
Petaluma Instructor schedule SPRING 2017 (PDF)
690 Call Building, Petaluma, (707) 778-4195
WRITING CENTER COORDINATOR
PREPARE FOR YOUR SESSION IN THE WRITING CENTER
- Do you know what you need help with? Write down one or two questions that you have about your writing; focus on the things that are most important to you to get help with.
- Bring your prompt/assignment into the Writing Center.
- Be prepared to spend a finite amount of time with an Instructor or Instructional Assistant (15-20 minutes).
- Use a flash/USB drive, GoogleDocs, Dropbox, or some other memory tool to save your work.
- Plan to bring in your assignment at least one day (or more) before it is due.
- Referral/verification forms can be obtained at the link below.
THE SRJC ONLINE WRITING LAB
The SRJC Online Writing Lab provides online tutoring; grammar and punctuation skills games; self-paced, structured lessons on the writing process; sentence skills; research writing; and more. The Lab also offers links to useful learning resources. The lab is currently under reconstruction.
WRITING CENTER REFERRAL FORMS
HANDBOOK FOR WRITING TUTORS
Download the new Handbook for Writing Tutors, filled with many valuable resources faculty, staff, and students!